Okay, some insider stories from our honeymoon that won’t appear in any magazine features on our trip:
* Joe goes snorkeling and sees angel fish and rainbow fish. I go snorkeling and come face to face with a barracuda. We also passed over a stingray or two. I preferred to watch the fish from the dock from that point on. 🙂
* I SO wanted to see a dolphin that I thought *everything* in the ocean was one. “Dolphin!” I would yell out over breakfast overlooking the bay, and Joe would shake his head and say, “No, that’s a person snorkeling.” or “No, that’s a rock.”
* We saw a donkey that was very excited to see us.
* Add banana and Baileys to a pina colada and you get something very, very good.
* Don’t wear Keds if you’re going hiking after it rains. But do play in the sprinklers if you can.
* Get an underwater camera.
We had so many adventures together — it was my first time kayaking, Joe went scuba diving, we hiked — that there wasn’t one day where we just lounged on the beach. We could do that anywhere. Caneel Bay offers so much beauty and the best massage I’ve ever had in my life, that we didn’t want to miss a moment. Stay tuned for my feature article on this resort. We’re going back for our anniversary next year, and probably every year after that. I quote Joe: “This place just gets more beautiful every day.” How did we ever vacation elsewhere?