Marilyn W. responded to my post ‘The NEW ‘How Well Do You Know the Bride?’ Game’ asking if I knew of any ‘How Well Do You Know the GROOM?’ quiz printables, so I decided to write one up for her! (And for you, if you’d like to use this free printable at your party!)
I’m all about giving bridal shower games a new twist, and since so many co-ed bridal showers are happening now (why should the guys miss out on the food and fun?) a ‘how well do you know the groom?’ game is definitely a unique twist. Just copy and print out this game sheet:
We love bridal shower games! When they’re fresh, fun and unlike the games that all of the guests have played a dozen times before, that is! That’s why we’re making over traditional bridal shower games, and we’re making it ultra-easy on you to copy and print out our updated bridal shower game cards!
And we invite you to post your suggested questions in the Comments section. Your question could be asked at millions of bridal showers across the country!
How Well Do You Know the Groom?
- What was the groom’s very first favorite Halloween costume from when he was a little boy? ________________________________________________________________________
- What was the groom’s first-ever pet? You get extra points if you know the pet’s name (but guess anyway, just for kicks!) _________________________________________________
- What was the groom’s first nickname? ____________________________________
- Who was the groom’s childhood hero? ____________________________________
- Who was the groom’s first-ever celebrity crush? ________________________
- Who was the groom’s first-ever celebrity meeting? (Pro athletes after a game, etc.) ______________________________________________________________________
- What was the first concert the groom ever attended? _____________________
- Which concert would the groom be embarrassed to admit he attended? _________________________________________________________________
- What was the groom’s first job? _______________________________________
- What was the color of the groom’s first car? _____________________________
- What was the first date the groom ever planned for the bride? _____________________
- What was the first thing the groom ever cooked for the bride? _____________________
- What was the first movie the groom and bride ever saw together? ________________________________________________________________________
- If the groom could choose one actor to portray him in a movie about his life, who would he pick? ____________________________________________________________________
- If the BRIDE could choose one actor to portray the groom in a movie about HER life, who would she pick? _________________________________________________________________
- If the groom could win a walk-on role on any television show, which show would it be? _____________________________________________________________________
- What was the first thing the bride and groom booked for their wedding? _____________________________________________________________________
- Which song would the groom dedicate to the bride at their wedding? _____________________________________________________________________
- Name one of the locations the groom considered as the honeymoon spot? _____________________________________________________________________
- Name the groom’s favorite cake flavor: _____________________________________
- Name the groom’s drink: _________________________________________________
- Which song would the groom sign at karaoke, if sober? _________________________
- Which song would the groom sing at karaoke, if drunk? _________________________________________________________________
- If the groom could invite any celebrity guest to the wedding, who would he invite? __________________________________________________________________
- Who was the first one to say, ‘I Love You?’ The bride or the groom? __________
Get more ideas from my Ultimate Bridal Shower Idea Book:
How stunning are these rose cakes from Neiman Marcus as gorgeous cakes for your wedding, bridal shower or engagement party? I first spotted these in their holiday catalog and fell in love instantly! They’re so elegant and romantic, and it brought back memories of being a little girl asking for extra roses on my birthday cakes. My cousins and I would jockey for the roses at every family birthday party, and we still talk about roses on cakes now that we’re in our 30s and 40s.
Here are some details on these cakes:
- Pink-tinted white frosting perfectly swirled to look like roses.
- Finished with edible glitter.
- Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours before serving.
Allergen Information: Contains dairy and nuts.
Such a sweet design! R Nichols Toss candles are so pretty, a fabulous choice for your bridal shower table décor, or as gifts for your bridesmaids.
I have one on my bedside table, and it still smells lovely after months! Here are the details:
The romantic scent of freesia and white flowers gathered in a hand-picked bouquet.
Our first mini-sized candle!
The candle jar is sturdy glass wrapped in a vibrant fired-on decal which allows the glow of the flame to accentuate the clever graphic designs.
wax content: premium paraffin and soy blend
height: 3″ diameter: 2 3/8″
burn time: 36 hours
Candles add so much loveliness to a bridal shower, even in daytime, and this is one centerpiece décor item that bridal shower guests will want to win via bridal shower games!
- Host a party for them right at the start, so that you’re treating them and their entire bridesmaid time is not just them shelling out for you. Lunch, brunch, a dinner at your place or out at a restaurant – just a fun get-together to kick off your wedding planning season and so that they can get to know each other.
- Tell them what the wedding will be like. In order to decide if they can be bridesmaids, and afford any travel or lodging that will be involved, they need to know if you’re planning a destination wedding, especially.
- Ensure that you’ll make every effort to keep their expenses on the low side. They’ll love hearing that you’re one of Those Brides who cares about their finances and stress levels.
- Tell them what you DON’T want, like a bachelorette party if you’ve decided that’s not for you, nor is a girls’ getaway instead of that party. When bridesmaids can eliminate the pricy things they think might happen, they get more comfortable.
- Share your freebie sources, like the printables at www.weddingchicks.com and other terrific freebie-filled blogs and sites. And hand each one a copy of Bridesmaid on a Budget.
- Tell them if they’ll be able to pick out their own styles of dresses, and invite them to send you links to dresses they like for themselves.
And here’s a DON’T for you: don’t make a ton of promises right now, like paying for their dresses and hotel rooms. You might think you want to do these things for them, but if your budget explodes later, you might not be able to. And they’ll feel deceived.
The bride who lives a green lifestyle will very much appreciate arriving at her bridal shower to find that her wonderful bridesmaids and maid of honor have given this party an eco-friendly theme. And one of the top trends in bridal showers is the return of the wishing well!
In decades of old, the bridal shower invitation bore the words ‘Wishing Well’ at the bottom, and guests knew to bring a bunch of little somethings to place inside a rented or DIY wishing well. We’re talking the tiniest of household items, like cotton balls, spices, coasters…the under-$10 things you see in the stores.
To help inspire bridal shower guests, add to your invitation a note that “We’re having an eco-friendly themed wishing well for (bride)! If you wish, please bring your choice of little eco-friendly item to place in our repurposed (of course!) champagne bucket. She’ll be so happy!”
That’s right…champagne bucket. Or a garden wagon. Something that holds the little gifts and is also a usable gift itself!
Add to your note some suggestions, like the following:
* Organic teas
* Organic spices
* Organic barbecue rubs
* Eco-friendly tote bags. Like Envirosax.
* Fair-trade paper stationery
* Recycled wine bottle bud vases
* Teakwood, beeswax or other organic pillar candles or tea candles
* Cherrywood salad tongs
* Eco-friendly tea towel
* Organic pampering products like handlotions or lip balms
* Organic garden seeds
* All-natural massage oils
What are some of your favorite eco-friendly gifts that would be great additions to this list?
For fall and winter weddings, soup bars are a top trend, as well as a budget-friendly option to create a fabulous menu, and treat guests to soups they probably don’t make for themselves. Soups can be served as mini ‘shots’ or in generous bowls — with guests helping themselves to the soup and to the toppers you set out, like homemade garlic croutons, crunchy Asian noodles, sprinkles of seafood [a great way to indulge guests without spending a fortune on seafood — but hey, you have lobster, crab, and shrimp on your menu, even if it’s just a garnish! I LOVE making soups for parties, and there’s something so calming about being in the kitchen, whipping up a big batch of soup, filling the house with amazing aromas, and serving a hearty, wholesome bisque or chowder with some crusty bread. It’s comforting to make and to serve.
I discovered www.weekendtable.com when I was checking out the Babble Awards for best mom foodie blogs, and I fell in love with this blog for its fabulous recipes, its collection of gluten-free dishes, and Julie du Pont’s wonderful stories about her family and her inspirations for these dishes. So I’ve asked her to be the Top Chef in my series of recipe recommendations for your showers, wedding and all the fetes you’ll throw for your wedding celebrations. So get ready for more of her amazing soups [or go to www.weekendtable.com to get a jump on what I post,] salads, sides, starters, sweets and drinks. You’ll be seeing a lot more of Julie’s creations here, and you’ll love her simple recipes and smart tips for budget-stretching with second-uses of recipes and ingredients.
Here’s her Corn Chowder with Crab recipe: http://weekendtable.com/2012/08/12/corn-chowder-with-crab/
Just found a cute wedding book with fun FYIs and factoids about celebrity weddings for every day of the year. It’s designed beautifully, it’s a breezy, easy read, and includes a fabulous list of screen icons like Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, and more, and lots o contemporary stars as well. This is a good one for a bride’s escape reading, and it would be great fun to have out on display at a bridal shower for guests to flip through, instead of having bridal shower games.
Here’s the Amazon.com description:
“My goal was to have one husband and seven children, but it turned out to be the other way around.” said what legendary screen temptress?….. Weddings/365 presents a choice day-by-day selection of memorable celebrity weddings of: film and TV icons past and present, from Lana Turner (she of the seven marriages) to Gwyneth Paltrow….. rock and pop stars from Baez to Bono….. presidents and princesses….. models and moguls and more….. Illustrated with more than 300 photos, the book tells a little story every day that captures the feel and flavor of that couple’s special day….. For celebrity buffs, pop culture fans and brides of all ages.
Get it here: http://www.amazon.com/Weddings-365-Harvey-Solomon/dp/0988189429/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1378997857&sr=8-12&keywords=harvey+Solomon and enjoy!