- Host a party for them right at the start, so that you’re treating them and their entire bridesmaid time is not just them shelling out for you. Lunch, brunch, a dinner at your place or out at a restaurant – just a fun get-together to kick off your wedding planning season and so that they can get to know each other.
- Tell them what the wedding will be like. In order to decide if they can be bridesmaids, and afford any travel or lodging that will be involved, they need to know if you’re planning a destination wedding, especially.
- Ensure that you’ll make every effort to keep their expenses on the low side. They’ll love hearing that you’re one of Those Brides who cares about their finances and stress levels.
- Tell them what you DON’T want, like a bachelorette party if you’ve decided that’s not for you, nor is a girls’ getaway instead of that party. When bridesmaids can eliminate the pricy things they think might happen, they get more comfortable.
- Share your freebie sources, like the printables at www.weddingchicks.com and other terrific freebie-filled blogs and sites. And hand each one a copy of Bridesmaid on a Budget.
- Tell them if they’ll be able to pick out their own styles of dresses, and invite them to send you links to dresses they like for themselves.
And here’s a DON’T for you: don’t make a ton of promises right now, like paying for their dresses and hotel rooms. You might think you want to do these things for them, but if your budget explodes later, you might not be able to. And they’ll feel deceived.
We love bridal shower games! When they’re fresh, fun and unlike the games that all of the guests have played a dozen times before, that is! That’s why we’re making over traditional bridal shower games, and we’re making it ultra-easy on you to copy and print out our updated bridal shower game cards!
The ‘How Well Do You Know the Bride?’ quiz is one of those games that needed a makeover pretty badly, so we have all-new questions for your quiz. And we invite you to post your suggested questions in the Comments section. Your question could be asked at millions of bridal showers across the country!
How Well Do You Know the Bride?
1. Who was the bride’s first-ever celebrity crush? ________________________
2. What was the first concert the bride ever attended? _____________________
3. What was the first designer-label item the bride ever bought? _____________
4. What was the bride’s first job? ______________________________________
5. What was the color of the bride’s first car? ____________________________
6. Who is the bride’s current, biggest celebrity crush? ______________________
7. What’s the first movie the bride ever saw with the groom? ________________
8. If the bride could win a walk-on role on any television show, which show would it be? ____________________________________________________________
9. If the bride could have any celebrity play her in a movie about her life, which celebrity would she choose? _________________________________________
10. If the bride could have any celebrity or group perform at the wedding, who would it be? ____________________________________________________________
11. What was the first thing the bride and groom booked for their wedding? _______
12. How many wedding dresses did the bride try on before finding The One? ______
13. Which song would the bride dedicate to the groom at the reception? ___________
14. What’s the color of the bride’s favorite lingerie? __________________________
15. What’s the bride’s favorite coffee order? ________________________________
16. What’s the bride’s favorite cupcake order? _______________________________
17. Name a charity the bride supports ______________________________________
18. Name one of the bride’s childhood Halloween costumes ____________________
19. Which song would the bride sing at karaoke:
a. If sober: ____________________________________________________
b. If drunk: ____________________________________________________
20. Who was the first one to say, ‘I Love You?’ The bride or the groom? __________
More Bridal Shower Game makeovers to come! To get yours in advance, just pick up The Ultimate Bridal Shower Idea Book
Paris is a top trend in bridal shower themes, and French desserts are a top trend in bridal showers as well! So when I spotted these adorable Paris-themed bake cup sets in my Sur La Table catalog, this was a Must for my Fab Finds list!
How adorable are these little bake cup sets, with their 24 themed bake cups and 24 Paris-themed cupcake toppers? And the price is right for a terrific bridal shower favor. I also love these for budget-friendly bridesmaids’ gifts!:
Paris Bake Cup Set: http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-1810860/Paris+Bake+Cup+Set
We are in chocolate heaven over here at Sharon Naylor Wedding Books
. The great folks at Shari’s Berries sent over some chocolate-covered goodies for our bridal shoot, and the place smells AMAZING!
Imagine setting up a chocolate platter on your engagement party, wedding or bridal shower bar, and giving your guests a great variety to choose from — and of course, the chocolate has to be The Best because your guests KNOW good chocolate from that cheap, waxy stuff you see at the supermarket. When you bring out the chocolate platter, your party space gets that mouth-watering chocolate scent, making your dessert bar stand out even more.
Here’s one of my top picks for your party:
The Shari’s Berries
site describes it like this: What would make sandwich cookies, gourmet pretzels, and graham crackers even more scrumptious? Chocolate of course! Each item in this tasty gift collection is smothered with a milk chocolate coating and then decorated with artful dark chocolate drizzle.
- 8 Milk Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers
- 12 Milk & Dark Chocolate Covered Bavarian Pretzels
- 8 Milk Chocolate Covered Sandwich Cookies(R) Cookies
Certified Kosher Dairy by Orthodox Union
- Net Weight 1 lb 7 oz
- Item #30001134
We created platters for ours:
And think also about how happy your out-of-town wedding guests will be when they card-swipe into their hotel rooms and find a platter of chocolate-covered pretzels, grahams and Oreos instead of that been there-done that welcome bag of chips, packaged snacks and water. Instead, just like at a 5-star luxury resort, they find a platter of these chocolate-covered treats, or Shari’s Berries chocolate-covered berries (which are spectacular, fresh, sweet, juicy and every other word for delicious!) That’s indulgence, and that sets the tone for your guests having the best time ever on your wedding weekend. Or just set the pretty box in their rooms:
Shari’s Berries also sent us some super-cute cookies that we’re photographing today, so I’ll post soon about those.
The Shashi Socks folks were kind enough to send me a collection of Shashi Socks, and the easy slip-on, traction-grip and sparkly socks struck me as a great little gift for bridesmaids, to wear on the wedding morning during those getting-ready hours. Especially if you’ll all get ready in a hotel and have seen enough of those investigative reports with their blacklight revelations. Even in the best brands of hotel, these are still not your carpets nor your bathroom tile floor, so sock-wearing may be your bridesmaids’ preference. With matching, cozy Shashi Socks, they get a keeper gift as well.
Slip resistant grippers on the bottom add stabilitiy and traction. Shashi socks are availabe in S (5.5-7.5) ,M (8-10),L (10.5-12.5) and retail from $15-$18.
Godiva very kindly sent me some free samples of their dark chocolate liqueur to review, and I LOVE it. Especially the little favor bottles it comes in — so perfect for your out-of-town guests’ welcome basket and as wedding favors.
And here are some ultra-tasty recipes that you can use to DIY wedding drinks:
I discovered Mercer Harp handmade silk-wrapped necklaces while working on a big gift inspiration roundup, and the wonderful people at Mercer Harp were kind enough to send me a green and a gray necklace to try on and style up. Since chunky necklaces and layering is so In, this is one necklace that you can wear to make a statement, and that bridesmaids will find to be super-stylish and fashion-forward.
Layer these vibrant necklaces with chains or pearls, or visit www.mercerharp.com to see how their stylists have designed some fabulous knots and triple-strand twists. Jessica Alba is a fan, so you know this is a terrific necklace choice for your bridesmaid gifts!
Shop for your color choices here: http://www.mercerharp.com/shop/products-page/