The Virginia Hotel is offering two unique Valentine’s Packages this year, featuring the historic Cape May Diamonds. Found along the pristine beaches of the Delaware Bay, the Cape May Diamond is a pure quartz crystal that appears as a frosted pebble when first discovered on the beach. Once tumbled and cut, the stone resembles that of a real diamond. These shiny treasures are found in different shapes and sizes all along Cape May’s popular Sunset Beach. Throughout the year, visitors and locals alike scan the beaches for their very own one-of-a-kind diamond to keep as a reminder of their time spent in Cape May.
Cape May Diamonds have a history that predates the birth of the United States. In the 1750s, it is said that the last chief of the Kechemeche tribe, King Nummy, presented a large Cape May Diamond to Christopher Leaming, a local whaler. The Kechemeche believed that the “diamonds” contained supernatural powers, and used them to seal bonds of peace and friendship.
Today, similar bonds are created as families and couples scour the shores of Cape May Point looking for the famed rocks.
To honor the search for “the one” – that special someone and the perfect diamond, Cape May’s Virginia Hotel is bringing these local jewels to you and your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day with 3 special offerings. And for those who may not know, Cape May, NJ isn’t just a wonderful summer beach-town, it’s also a romantic winter getaway. With beautiful Victorian inns, a cozy beach-town feel, fresh salty air (even in the winter!), boutique shops, and delicious restaurants, Cape May is a special place to spend Valentine’s Day – especially at the luxe, critically-acclaimed Virginia Hotel and its fine dining restaurant, The Ebbitt Room.
Your very own Cape May Diamond will be waiting for you when you book one of the following:
From Cape May With Love
Celebrate your next milestone or special occasion at The Virginia Hotel. Give a gift as unique as your love and as extraordinary as Cape May with a pair of beautiful Cape May Diamond Earrings. These precious gems are created from stones found right here in Cape May.
- Deluxe Accommodations
- Upon arrival, a silver tray adorned with chilled Champagne, chocolate truffles and a pair of Cape May Diamond earring will be delivered to your room.
- $110 Voucher for Dinner for two in the Ebbitt Room*
- Continental Breakfast for two
- Complimentary Valet Parking
- 1pm late checkout*Valentine’s Day dinner at The Ebbitt Room is offered as a Pre Fixe Dinner for Two. Please make your dinner reservations after booking your package by calling The Ebbitt Room at 609-884-5700.Rates starting at $345.00 per night Valentine’s weekend
Cape May Promise
- Whether you fell in love on the way to Cape May years ago, or its your first visit to this beautiful place, you want to show that special person in your life how much they mean to you. This package promises to create memories that last as long as a Cape May Diamond. Enjoy the ultimate epicurean experience with a romantic meal in the relaxed and elegant setting of the Ebbitt Room. Your romantic getaway is waiting for you on Jackson Street.
- Deluxe Accommodations
- Upon arrival, a silver tray adorned with chilled Champagne, chocolate truffles and a pair of Cape May Diamond ring will be delivered to your room.
- $110 Dining and Cocktail Credit for Dinner for two the Ebbitt Room*
- Continental Breakfast each morning
- Complimentary Valet Parking*Valentine’s Day dinner at The Ebbitt Room is offered as a Pre Fixe Dinner for Two. Please make your dinner reservations after booking your package by calling The Ebbitt Room at 609-884-5700.Rates starting at $360.00 per night Valentine’s weekend
Diamonds and Dessert During the month of February, The Ebbitt Room will be featuring Diamonds and Dessert – a decadent dark chocolate mousse bar filled with milk chocolate and peanut butter praline made for two and topped with salted caramel sauce, Tahitian vanilla ice cream, and dark chocolate hearts. Each dessert is decorated with a one of a kind 2-carat Cape May diamond, polished and shined from the beaches of Cape May and set upon crushed graham crackers made to resemble the sandy search for the diamond.While the stones themselves have little monetary value, like real diamonds the memories and legends that are associated with Cape May Diamonds last forever in the sand of the city’s beaches.
About The Virginia Hotel
The Virginia, Cape May’s foremost luxury hotel, offers luxurious accommodations and personalized service in an immaculately restored 1879 landmark building, reopened by Curtis Bashaw of Cape Resorts Group in 1989. Featuring 24 well-appointed guestrooms, intimate public spaces like the lobby bar and enclosed sun porches, and The Ebbitt Room – the hotel’s signature restaurant, The Virginia offers its adult-only guests a flawless integration of service and style with a timeless glamour. The Ebbitt Room provides its discerning visitors with seasonal farm-to-table offerings from Beach Plum Farm, bringing the fresh food movement forward in Cape May. Acknowledged by Condé Nast Traveler in the 2012 Reader’s Choice Awards as a top hotel in the Northeast, in the 2013 Reader’s Choice Awards at #2 in their list of the Top 10 Hotels in the Mid-Atlantic, and again in the 2014 Reader’s Choice Awards as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the U.S., as well as as in the magazine’s prestigious 2013 and 2014 Gold List, the hotel is nestled on Jackson Street in the heart of the famed historic district of Cape May, New Jersey, and is a mere half block from the town’s beautiful beaches.
The Virginia Hotel is located at 25 Jackson Street, Cape May, NJ 08204.
Readers are invited to learn more about The Virginia Hotel and Cape Resorts properties at www.caperesorts.com